As one of the more cult JRPG franchises to see a release on DS in Europe, Level-5’s football RPG Inazuma Eleven has done fairly well for itself outside its native territory of Japan – spawning a two-version sequel akin to the Pokémon games, and now an action spin-off, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, which is headed to European Wii systems on 28th September.
- Prepare for all-out action in this home console sibling to the popular handheld football RPGs
- Take part in a series of competitions which represent Raimon Jr High team’s rise through the ranks, playing through the most significant team encounters of the TV series
- You can also build your entire team from scratch
- New players can be scouted from any team you defeat – but it’ll take a hefty sum of Inazuma Points and a pitch-perfect eye to shape a team of champions
- Each of the over 150 characters from the series has their own specific strengths
- As you pit players together the power of team play and you’ll even be able to pull off powerful Co-Op Moves
- Inazuma Eleven Strikers offers plenty of challenge for solo players and even more fun for up to four friends in local multiplayer!
- Whether you work together as a team or challenge each other in 2 vs. 2 or 1 vs. 3, in single matches or fully-fledged tournaments – it’s your call!
- A second player can take on different supporting roles by acting as a Coach or a Manager
- From managing your team in the Club Room to discovering the delights of special training minigames – there’s loads more to discover.
- Stay tuned for updates to the official Inazuma Eleven Strikers website and make sure you follow @NintendoUK on Twitter to find out how to unlock special characters to scout for your ultimate team.
This seems like the perfect alternative for those who think the likes of FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer are getting too realistic. Let us know if you plan on picking up the game next month.
Pre-order Inazuma Eleven Strikers: Wii